I have been blogging under the name Kahlee Flower for a little while and I well kinda recently August 8th 2016 recently (still catching up with recording my activities), did a feature at The Wind Up Space for a monthly event Dr Sketchy's Anti Art School: Where Burlesque meets Life Drawing.
Brief Description from their social media page:
We're Baltimore's official branch of the NYC-based alternative life drawing event, where artists of all levels come to draw gorgeous burlesque performers, belly dancers, roller girls, and other fabulous performers and models! Join us on the 2nd Monday of the month at the Windup Space for some drawing, drinking, and debauchery.
This was a new sort of endeavor for meThis event occurred shortly after the tragic shooting of Korryn Gaines, a Randallstown, MD woman in her home and I decided that I needed to make notice of the reality of performers such as myself who are also people of color that as much as you love to watch the entertainment that our bodies are instruments of social uprising and healing of trauma. My performance was a rain dance of healing and justice to our fallen victims of this society.

No comments:
Post a Comment